What is content curation?
Content curation is the practice of researching and finding relevant and meaningful content that can be shared with your target audience. It is a key part of your Content Marketing strategy. Because there is so much information that is available online in today’s market, curation helps you to connect to your audience by providing a place where your audience can go to get current, relevant, and educational information. By being a trusted source of great content, it will help support and build your brand.
How does someone always come up with new ideas?
How do you make a curation strategy?
Developing a curation strategy starts with understanding your target audience.
Here are some questions to help with this process.
- What types of information does your target audience look for?
- What is their need? Is it information, being entertained, or being inspired?
- What content does your target audience share on their social feeds?
- Do they want information that they can use for comparisons, are they looking for reviews, or are they looking for new market trends?
Some results of a good content curation strategy are:
- Content curation helps grow your reputation as a thought leader in your marketing space helping to grow your brand
- Curation will help with your lead nurturing process
- Content curation will help with Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Content curation will help your organization with new content ideas
- Content curation provides a variety for your audience
- Content curation will drive your target audience to you as a source for the information they seek